FT Position as a Direct Service Staff working with adults with developmental disabilities in an occupational training program. Provide daily care, training and assessment. Assist individual in development of independent skills as well as personal care needs as required. Provide supervision and assistance during break and lunch periods. Case noting of daily activities.Qualifications:
Must be 18 years of age possess a High School Diploma with two years' experience working with people with developmental disabilities. Requires the ability to work with persons with disabilities in a respectful manner. Basic computer skills required. Must undergo drug testing, Level one and Level two background screening and rescreening every five years. Valid Florida driver's license, safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance.
- Bachelors degree with a major in education, early childhood development or special education or an emphasis in family and child development or an associates degree in early childhood education and 5 years of experience
- Florida teacher’s certificate required or eligibility for certification.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, have a safe driving records and proof of motor vehicle insurance
- Comply with all Health and Safety Standards, Abuse laws, DCF guidelines and CHAC policies and procedures
- Maintain student and program confidentiality
- Comply with grant and contract standards, including training requirements
- Monitor assistant teacher/aide/volunteer performance.
- Assure of all required documentation for each child, including sign-in, attendance, body checks, and emergency medical cards.
- Maintain written weekly lesson plans and classroom schedules according to developmentally appropriate practices.
- Complete developmental assessments (Ages and Stages) and document developmental gains.
- Complete case notes daily on each child with a Family Support Plan or IEP.
- Write student goals and progress reports.
- Maintain parent contact, including daily notes and verbal contact at least monthly
- Conduct parent-teacher conference twice a year
- Promote developmentally appropriate skills and behavior
- Assist children with toileting
- Assure that classroom is maintained in a clean manner, including sanitizing toys, shelves, etc., cleaning floor and doing laundry daily
- Assist with transition of children to a new room
- Assure that accident, behavior and incident reports are completed as necessary
- Coordinate and implement therapy goals with appropriate specialists
- Perform other duties as requested by program director
- Assume management responsibilities pertaining to their classroom in the absence of the program director
Must be able to lift and transfer objects and/or children weighing up to or over 50 pounds
- Monitoring children
- Assuring of all required documentation for each child, including sign-in, attendance, body checks.
- Implementing written weekly lesson plans and classroom schedules (creative curriculum) according to developmentally appropriate practices
- Completing developmental assessments (Ages and Stages) and documenting development progress for goals and objectives for ach child
- Children with toileting
- Transition of children to a new room
- Coordinating and implementing therapy goals with appropriate specialists.
- Promote developmentally appropriate skills and behavior under the direction of the teacher.
- Assure that classroom is maintained in a clean manner, including sanitizing toys, shelves, etc., cleaning floors and doing laundry daily.
Physical Limitations: Must be able to lift and transfer objects and/or children weighing up to or over 50 lbs.
- Prefer someone with a CDA or CDS certification, early childhood or special needs.
- Behavior Modification Training
- 40 Hours Childcare State Mandated Training preferred, but not required for hire. Must be able to acquire the training within 90 days of hire.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, have a safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: minimum preschool experience: 1 year
Required license or certification: Driver's License
Direct Care Staff weekend daytime shift Friday 2pm-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-8pm is available in one of our Group Homes working with developmentally disabled adults. Responsible for assisting individuals in their daily life skills, i.e. planning and carrying out daily chores as well as social and community activities; working together as a team to include events for families and friends. Provide supervision of clients at all times including community inclusion. Create a congenial and homelike atmosphere within the community residence.Qualifications:
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting or in working with persons who have a developmental disability. College vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours or 720 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience. Level two background screening and rescreening every five years. Basic computer skills required. Valid Florida driver’s license, safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance.
Director of Residential Services