It Starts With You!
Looking for a new and exciting challenge every single day? At The Haven, we believe that the greatest factor in the success of an organization is the quality of its people and a positive work environment. We work hard to attract, hire, and train an extraordinary staff that is notable for its friendliness, work ethic, empathy, and self-awareness. If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities we may have a role for you!
Think You Are A Good Fit?
We have opportunities available for go-getters with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and share ideas. We look for individuals who are driven to do their best and who will always do what’s right.
- Bachelors degree with a major in education, early childhood development or special education or an emphasis in family and child development or an associates degree in early childhood education and 5 years of experience
- Florida teacher’s certificate required or eligibility for certification.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, have a safe driving records and proof of motor vehicle insurance
Essential Job Functions
- Comply with all Health and Safety Standards, Abuse laws, DCF guidelines and CHAC policies and procedures
- Maintain student and program confidentiality
- Comply with grant and contract standards, including training requirements
- Monitor assistant teacher/aide/volunteer performance.
- Assure of all required documentation for each child, including sign-in, attendance, body checks, and emergency medical cards.
- Maintain written weekly lesson plans and classroom schedules according to developmentally appropriate practices.
- Complete developmental assessments (Ages and Stages) and document developmental gains.
- Complete case notes daily on each child with a Family Support Plan or IEP.
- Write student goals and progress reports.
- Maintain parent contact, including daily notes and verbal contact at least monthly
- Conduct parent-teacher conference twice a year
- Promote developmentally appropriate skills and behavior
- Assist children with toileting
- Assure that classroom is maintained in a clean manner, including sanitizing toys, shelves, etc., cleaning floor and doing laundry daily
- Assist with transition of children to a new room
- Assure that accident, behavior and incident reports are completed as necessary
- Coordinate and implement therapy goals with appropriate specialists
- Perform other duties as requested by program director
- Assume management responsibilities pertaining to their classroom in the absence of the program director
Must be able to lift and transfer objects and/or children weighing up to or over 50 pounds
- Monitoring children
- Assuring of all required documentation for each child, including sign-in, attendance, body checks.
- Implementing written weekly lesson plans and classroom schedules (creative curriculum) according to developmentally appropriate practices
- Completing developmental assessments (Ages and Stages) and documenting development progress for goals and objectives for ach child
- Children with toileting
- Transition of children to a new room
- Coordinating and implementing therapy goals with appropriate specialists.
- Promote developmentally appropriate skills and behavior under the direction of the teacher.
- Assure that classroom is maintained in a clean manner, including sanitizing toys, shelves, etc., cleaning floors and doing laundry daily.
Physical Limitations: Must be able to lift and transfer objects and/or children weighing up to or over 50 lbs.
- Prefer someone with a CDA or CDS certification, early childhood or special needs.
- Behavior Modification Training
- 40 Hours Childcare State Mandated Training preferred, but not required for hire. Must be able to acquire the training within 90 days of hire.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, have a safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: minimum preschool experience: 1 year
Required license or certification: Driver's License
We have the following shifts/positions open in our Residential Program:
I. Awake overnight weekends: 8PM to 8AM Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
II. Weekend day: Friday 2pm to 10pm; Saturday and Sunday 8AM to 8PM
III. Monday through Thursday 2PM to 10PM AND Saturday 10AM to 6PM
Job Type :
Required education :
- High school or equivalent
- One year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting or developmental disabilities.
Responsible for assisting individuals in their daily life skills, i.e. planning and carrying out daily chores as well as social and community activities. Working together as a team to include events for families and friends. Provide supervision of clients at all times including community inclusion. Create a congenial and homelike atmosphere within the community residence. Provide for and ensure each individual’s right to privacy, in accordance with the Bill of Rights. Comply with all agency, program and funding sources requirements, policies, procedures and directives. Successfully complete Medication Administration training and validation in accordance with Chapter 65G-7—renew validation annually. Participate in the annual reassessment and documentation of each client as requested by district staff and cooperate with the Program in implementing the habilitation plan. Participate in Program Outcome Measures and data collection Participate in the inspections and monitoring by the Programs funding sources. Fostering positive relationships between the clients served and their housemates. Other duties as requested.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including, Health, Dental & Vision insurance, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, personal & sick days and 403b Retirement Plan. EOE/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting or in working with persons who have a developmental disability. College vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours or 720 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience. Level two background screening and re-screening every five years. Basic computer skills required. Valid Florida driver’s license, safe driving record and proof of motor vehicle insurance. CPR, First Aid and 4 hour HIV training, Zero tolerance training. Good organizational and communication skills
Vice President of Recruitment and Residential Services